- CGIT (Canadian Girls In Training)
- United Church Women
Additional information about CGIT, Explorers, Messengers, and other church groups will be available later this fall.
Registration for CGIT, Messengers (5-8 yrs), Explorers (8-12), and CGIT begins Sunday, September 11. Please call the church office to register. Starting date will be announced later in the fall.
Messengers and Explorers
Beth Wilson, leader of the Messengers and Explorers groups requires extra assistance. If you could give an hour of your time once a week to help out, please contact her through the church office.
The UCW unites women of the congregation for the total mission of the church and to provide a medium through which they may express their loyalty and devotion to Jesus Christ in Christian witness, study, fellowship and service.
The UCW has many functions:
- We provide opportunities for fellowship and mutual support.
- We encourage growth in Christian understanding, faith and experience through worship, Bible Study, and involvement in other activities.
- We encourage informed participation in the mission of the church in the congregation, the community, the nation and the world.
- We provide financial support to the congregation, community projects, and the national church.
Membership is open to all women in sympathy with the UCW's goals, and willing to contribute prayers, gifts, and services for the work of the church in the world.
Learn more about the UCW on the United Church of Canada website.
The officers of the General UCW for 2005-06 year are Gwen Baisley, President; Margaret Waye, Secretary; and Linda Treadwell, Treasurer.
For information about getting involved with the UCW at St. James and St. John, please contact the church office.